Pages

16 Aug 2016

Feeling That Wanderlust

Wanderlust is a feeling that I can't seem to shake. I've barely seen a speck of the world but the little bit I have seen, makes me want to explore even more, immerse myself in other cultures, witness the different landscapes, and of course eat all the food.
Image Credit


Though the list is endless; we do live in a big world, I thought I'd share my top 5 places on the list of places I can't wait to visit.

Number 1
New York

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a massive love for the city of New York and everything that encompasses it. It's a dream of mine to visit and explore the famous concrete jungle. Walking along the sprawling streets, discovering the new up and coming neighbourhoods, and sitting on the MET steps, channeling my inner Gossip Girl. Strolling through central park in spring, sipping hot chocolate in the dead of winter, I want to experience it all. New York is definitely at the top of the list of places I will be going.

Image Credit
Image Credit
Number 2
Hawaii

When I think of Hawaii what comes to mind is vibrant blue sea, golden sandy beaches and a laid back atmosphere that soothes you into relaxation, especially with a little ukulele in the background. With a place that beautiful and with so many different islands to explore, it sounds like a dream place to escape to for a short while.

Image Credit
Image Credit
Number 3
New Orleans

New Orleans is a recent place that has gained my interest. Steeped in history and magical ideals, jazz music whistling through the streets, and one of the most famous festivals rumbling through the city every year, what isn't there to love? Don't get me started on the cajun food either!

Image Credit

Image Credit

Number 4
Athens
Athens has been on my list for a long time. With a passion for greek mythology, the ancient temples, ruins and statues appeal to me massively. I've always had an interest in ancient Greek history and mythology, so going to Athens and exploring all the museums is a must for me. Greek food isn't so bad either.

Image Credit 
Image Credit
Number 5
Jamaica 
Last but definitely not least, goes to the beautiful country Jamaica. Being half Jamaican, I have caribbean roots from both sides of my family, and have yet to visit. I have this need to visit this country, to help me discover where my family came from, explore the sandy beaches, the clear blue seas and eat some of the freshest fruit dangling from the trees. And of course trying amazing caribbean food straight from the source. I believe it's time for me to see where my family came from, and I believe Jamaica is a pretty amazing country to visit. 
Image Credit

Image Credit
This list barely even begins to cover the amount of places I would love to explore but they're a start. Travelling is something I love to do, and one day I will get to these places. Like they say, 'The world is a book, and those who don't who travel only read one page,' and I love good book. 






2 comments:

  1. Ahh you've got me feeling it too! Love the pictures, I dream of going to all these places, especially Hawaii and Jamaica :D I went to Trinidad and Tobago and it made a huge impression on me, it's my favourite trip to date. I am more than happy to be your travelling companion haha! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you feel the same! Aw yeah, new travel buddy haha! :)x

      Delete