Pages

24 Mar 2016

Travel Throwback #1 Lake Bled

Travel is something that I love to do and there are so many places that I can't wait to explore. I want to see everywhere, that is the goal. However I have had the chance to explore Europe and even though I've barely scraped the surface, I did manage to see some beautiful places. So I thought I'd post a travelling throwback to some of the places I've seen. Hopefully they'll inspire you to take a visit.

One of the places I had the chance to visit and explore was Lake Bled in Slovenia.

Now everyone who knows me, knows how much of a city girl I am, I don't do well in the country and secluded villages. I'm all about the concrete jungles. But even I was bowled over by this picturesque town with it's stunning lake, relaxed atmosphere and beautiful weather.


Within this town, there's a lovely walk you can take through caverns, following a river to see another wonder of nature, their waterfall. Not a nature girl by heart, but this walk is something I was glad I did, following the path allows you see such wonderful sights and few fish or two!


But of course what makes this town a beautiful visit is the lake itself. With a tiny castle on an island in the centre, the view is breathtaking. Being guided to the get a view of the entire lake wasn't fun for me, (hiking up a hill isn't my idea of a good time) but once I made it to the top, I realised it was so worth it. 

I would say anyone who wants a relaxing and lovely place to visit, Lake Bled should definitely be on the list. I'd love to go back, and maybe in the winter I will, and see how this beautiful town transforms in the seasons.


Hopefully I'll be seeing you again, Lake Bled...

No comments:

Post a Comment