Pages

28 Feb 2016

Top Five Albums

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am always listening to music. Whether it's walking to the bus, going shopping or just relaxing in my room. Music is always playing. I wait eagerly for award shows such as The Grammy's or The Brits which I loved watching the other night.
So I thought I'd show my top 5 albums that seem to be constantly on repeat at the moment.

Number 1 has to be of course James Bay's Chaos And The Calm.


James Bay's soulful acoustic tone and easy listening is one of the reasons I absolutely love this album. Each song to me is different, yet equally as good. From the upbeat 'Best Fake Smile' to the emotional 'Let It Go' there's a song for every mood. To me James Bay is bae. (Awful pun)

Number 2 is one of my favourite bands, Sleeping With Sirens If You Were A Movie,This Would Be Your Soundtrack.

 Though I love Sleeping With Sirens pop punk and rock sound, this album focuses on Kellin Quinn's awesome voice in an acoustic setting. The laid back vibe really helps for some easy listening that I love to put on when I need a quiet sing along. 

Number 3 goes to The 1975's self-titled album The 1975. 

I absolutely love this album. And having seen them live, I can say that they perform is just a good in person. I haven't met many people who don't love to sing along to Chocolate. It's just a fun album to dance around in the flat. Plus I'm going to admit that I love Matt Healey just a little bit. I'm eagerly waiting for the release of there next album I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It, and having heard the few songs they've released already I can already tell I'll love it. 

Number 4 has to go to this oldie but to me still a goodie, Michael Jackson's Bad. 

You can blame my mum's influence on my love for Michael Jackson, I'll always remember her bopping along to his music when I was younger. And to this day we still love a good sing a long to his classics. This is my favourite albums of his, partly for the memories and mostly because of his awesome voice. 

Number 5 at last but definitely not least has to be Taylor Swift's 1989. 

 Now I know this maybe a bit cheesy but Taylor Swift isn't even a guilty pleasure for me. (That would be Disney songs) She's the type of singer where you can have fun just belting out her songs, which me and my friends have done often enough. I feel like everyone needs to have that fun album that you just enjoy singing to, whether it's working out or thinking you're the next Adele in the car. That for me is Taylor Swift. 

So there it is, my top 5 albums at the moment which will undoubtedly change in the coming year with all the new music being released because such a great amount of music, who can only five favourites? 




No comments:

Post a Comment